Feeding The World: Asia’s prospect of plenty
September 27th 2012
- Harbour Grand Kowloon, Hong Kong
The Economist will convene leaders from the food and agribusiness industry, government, academia and advocacy organisations for a solutions-driven dialogue around these critical questions:
How will we feed the world in the future? How will we feed Asia?
By gathering leaders at the highest levels The Economist is sparking a timely and inclusive dialogue in this the inaugural year of Feeding the World: Asia’s prospect of plenty.
About the ConferenceThe Conference will convene stakeholders for a rigorous and thought-provoking discussion around the critical questions: how will we feed the world in future, and, particularly how will we feed Asia?
- Charles Goddard, Editorial Director, Asia-Pacific, Economist Intelligence Unit
- John Parker, Globalisation Editor, The Economist, author of special report Feeding the World (The Economist, February 2011)
- Rusman Heriawan, Vice Minister of Agriculture, Government of Indonesia
- Kevin Rudd, Member, Australian Parliament for Griffith; Former Prime Minister, Government of Australia
- Walter Dissinger, President, Nutrition & Health Division, BASF Group
- Daniel Balaban, Head, Centre of Excellence Against Hunger, Brazil; President, Brazilian National Education Development Fund
- Percy Misika, FAO Representative in China, DPR Korea and Mongolia, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Robert Zeigler, Director-General, International Rice Research Institute
- Anil Jain, Managing Director, Jain Irrigation Systems
- Gao Yu, China Country Director, Landesa
- MS Swaminathan, Chairman, MS Swaminathan Research Foundation
- Umran Beba, President, Asia-Pacific region, PepsiCo
- Davor Pisk, Chief Operating Officer, Syngenta
- Jose Cuesta, Food Price Watch author, Senior Economist, The World Bank
- Johann Vollmann, Professor and Soy bean breeder, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
Please click here for more information and registration details.